I’ve been going over and over what would be the perfect way to start this blog. After several days I still didnt have a clue. Fortunately, a couple hours ago 2 individuals were trying to scam me out of ONE THOUSAND dollars through a webinar recommended by none other than John Chow… John Chow is a “guru” !
As a newbie trying to either understand how to make money online or already trying to get those income streams going, you have to know that ALMOST EVERYTHING ONLINE IS A
Unfortunately, scams work. There’s a reason there are trash magazines printing The Most Amazing Secret to Lady Gaga’s Alien Baby!, people buy it! So, the first thing any newbie should know is THINK BEFORE YOU SPEND A DIME.
I don’t want to dissuade you from trying to get an online income because I truly believe that a good entrepreneur can do amazing things. My aim is to prepare you so that you become a better buyer and can go on to offer better value to your future customers.
WAYS TO SPOT A LIAR OVER THE INTERNET
1) They are very repetitive – This can be in things like apologies, stories of their success, reminders of their authenticity, reminders that it’s not a scam.
2) Time limit – They will often urge you into making a decision without time to properly think it through. You will be made to feel like you are losing out on an opportunity of a lifetime if you don’t participate. Hell, they might even SAY you’ll be missing out on an opportunity of a lifetime.
3) They dodge questions – If you ask a direct question and they answer with something that does not IMMEDIATELY AND COMPLETELY answer all your concerns, just pass.
4) Anyone that calls themselves a guru or mogul – Gurus and moguls dont have to call themselves gurus and moguls because everyone already knows who they are.
Donald Trump doesnt call himself Donald Trump THE MOGUL because he has build his brand and products and services enough to where TRUMP or DONALD TRUMP already mean something. (if other people call them a guru or mogul and they dont deny it, that doesnt necessarily mean they’re scam-ish just that they’re narcissistic)
5) Crap is Crap – If it looks like crap, if it smells like crap dont buy it HOPING that it will be the answer to your prayers. All those people testifying how magnificent they are, are usually paid.
6) They get defensive - Liars and scammers usually get defensive when you call them on anything. “Why would I lie?” “Do you think I just spend my time trying to x, y or z?”..etc.
7) The way they choose to promote - Most scams try to sell you an idea rather than their product. They will try to convince you about the wonders of being a millionare and then when you can see that new Benz you’re going to get they tell you that their product will make it all happen for you. Of course this can happen at various scales but usually they are more focused on telling you the wonderful benefits of using their product rather than explaining the product and how it works.
Think, a SHAM infomercial tells you all the awesome things you can do with a super absorbant towel and they focus on proving their authenticity (the absorption) and how it will change your life/routine. The professional commercials for amazing toilet paper (similar product), show you their benefit, how they work, and how they are better than the competition. There are very few ORIGINAL, ONE OF A KIND, NEVER BEFORE SEEN, things in the world.
8) Terms and Conditions - ALWAYS read the terms and conditions. I literally spent a whole hour listening to a guy saying how he guarantees the product will work or money back and his terms and conditions said something like – we may no guarantees, any guarantees in our marketing is not intended as an actual guarantee and will not be enforced… http://www.secrettrafficsolution.com/terms.html.
9) Can you think of any others? Comment below, you could be saving someone from wasting their hard earned money…or just send this to anyone you think could benefit!
MY PROMISE TO YOU: Should I ever sell anything, there will be no gimmicks. Should I ever endorse a product, it will be with my complete knowledge of that I am endorsing. If any of my work has no added-value then it doesn’t belong in front of you.
I WANT A NEW WAY TO DO BUSINESS…STRAIGHT UP AND HONEST!
I HOPE YOU’LL JOIN ME.